Please recommend the best portal GPS for my car (to $600)

I see so many new models available on the market - from Garmin nuvi to garmin C330 c340 seems to announce street names c530 does not announce street names, but it is newer, acquires
satellite signal better and has a non-glare screen there's Tom Tom One that some people say is great there are some Magellan models - they provide GPS devices to Hertz and the one I used in a Hertz car seemed to be working fine.
Can someone help figure out what is really the best portal GPS out there? I plan to only use it in my car.
Thanks.
success snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I googled portal gps, and it didn't make much sense to me. Please elaborate. Are you in Brazil? Tell us more.
'Curly'
motsco_ wrote:

No, I live in New York City. I can google myself. I was hoping for an advice from those who know more about this than me.
I have a Nuvi 360. I also have a 2006 EX V6- with NAV. The Nuvi is better than the Honda system! Plus it's so portable!
G-Man

I have a pair of Garmin 2610s. The newer series up from this announces names and such. One 2610 stays in my wife's minivan full time, the other I move back and forth between my car and motorcycle. I've been quite pleased with them. I got my wife the Quest but she didn't like it as much as my 2610 so I got rid of it and got her the 2nd 2610. Tried a TomTom for a few days (buddy at work let me borrow his) also didn't like it as much.
All 3 brands are good, in the end it comes down to personal preference. All 3 units have good mapping coverage and all have holes here and there. Depends on who they use as their data provider (Garmin uses NavTeq).
NYC can be pretty tough on all units, so I would recommend an external antenna. I had to get an external for my wife's van cause her windshield blocks most signals (also had to get her an externally mounted EZ-Pass due to the windshield).