Power Steering Fluid Leak 96 Accord EX 4cyl

I recently garaged my 96 Accord EX 4cyl (93,000 miles) for about 3 months. When I returned I found a small puddle of oil like stuff on the garage floor. It was dark but did not have the normal oil smell. The crank case oil is quite light in color because I changed it just before I garaged the car.

When I started the car I heard a ratcheting noise from the power steering (not belt slip). I checked the power steering reservoir and it was full. I turned the wheel gently lock to lock and the noise went away. Checked the PS reservoir again and it was still full. I drove the car daily with no problems and no noises. Last week I let the car sit for three days. and saw a few drops of oil like fluid under the car again but still had no PS problems.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

Reply to
Dell