Power steering leak in Accord

I have a power steering leak in my 1991 Accord. I知 nursing this car along as it dies a slow death and can稚 afford to re-do the system. Right now, I知 having to add fluid at least a couple of times a month.
Any ideas whether or not the Lucas Power Steering fix is okay to try? I知 not sure if it is compatible due to the fact that Honda wants you to only use their P.S. fluid, but the unit痴 in pretty bad shape so I知 wondering how much more harm can it do? I bought the car used so I知 not sure if the prior owner used Honda-only fluid.
--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoForumz.com interface
Thread archive:
pattymelt wrote:

Where's the leak?
pattymelt wrote:

how does the cost of fixing the system stack up against the cost of replacing the vehicle?
Like Jeff said, try to track down the leak. If you need diagrams, try the parts ones at www.bkhondaparts.com , or those in the factory manual linked at http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html
Only put Honda PS fluid into the system. Non-honda PS fluid will make things way worse than they are now.

So is Honda going to disown you if youdon't use their fluid in a 15 year old car....

Woody wrote:

no, but they'll be able to sell you a new power steering system because ordinary fluid is incompatible and ruins the seals. just try it for yourself!

Woody wrote:

Not in the least. They already disowned you the moment your warranty expired.
However, your seals will disown you when they start to leak with the new fluid, however.
Jeff