Prevent paint from peeling?

Hello. I own a 2000 Honda Accord LX and recently I noticed some paint was peeling on the passenger side door. It's not much but I was wondering if there's anything I can do to prevent it from peeling even
more? So a minor nuisance won't get bigger.

Paint peels because the surface gets damaged, and the undercoats / base metal oxidizes. And so the peeling gets worse and the rust becomes more pronounced.
The ONLY solution is to rub the affected region back to unoxidized paint and if necessary, to bare metal. Apply an etch primer to the base metal, normal primer to the rest, and apply 2 - 3 coats of colour to seal the surface. Finally, heat it for 30 minutes or so with a heat lamp to convert the paint molecules to hard long chains from the soft short chains.
There's no short cut. Just applying colour paint over an oxidized surface is a waste of time and money. Stewart Dibbs
Cheech wrote:

Damaged and repainted before you got it? Does that door match the rest of the car?
'Curly'

That's a cheapo aftermarket paint job. The door was damaged in some way at some time. The only cure is a repaint.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ