Price of 2006 Civic

I been in the market for a 2006 civic for last couple of weeks and dealers in Boston area have been horrible. The car is selling like hot cakes and so no one wants to budge. Anyways I thought it would be useful to do a survey of approximate cost of Civics 2006 model .

Please include area, model (DX,LX,EX,hybrid), price without taxes and documentation and extra options if any. Thanks all for the effort...

Reply to
learnfpga

They're ALL over $20,000 in my area. SOME economy car!

Reply to
Spaz

Halifax, NS, Canada '06 Civic LX Coupe Base Price - $21,980.00 CDN Freight - $1,225.00 CDN A/C Excise Tax - $100.00 CDN Lock Nuts - $69.57 CDN Trunk Tray - $147.83 CDN

4 year/100,000km Warranty - $414.00 CDN SUBTOTAL - $23,936.40 CDN

Trade in Value - -$1000.00 CDN Tire Levy+HST - $17.25 CDN HST - $3528.36 CDN Warranty HST - $62.10 CDN License Fee - $10.65 CDN Protection Plan - $199.00 CDN Protection Plan HST - $29.85 CDN

BALANCE DUE - $26,783.61 CDN

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Just purchased a Honda Civic Ex With all the bells & whistles Taxes in and 5 year extended warranty Cash no trade was around $28,000.

Many places I tried did not want to deal or act in a Pro manner.

Reply to
Traveller

You probably could have bought an Accord Hybid for that assuming you are in the US.

Reply to
Art

His email addy indicates that he is in Canada.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

I hear ya. There are two Honda dealers in my area. I walked into the first one, asked the salesman for a price on a Civic and his reply was, and I quote, "I'm not going to give you a price unless you are going to buy a car." So, I walked out, drove to the other Honda dealer where the salesman was more than happy to accommodate my simple request.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Reply to
Traveller

I noticed prices started getting high about three years ago when gasoline started going above $2.

Everyone introducing a new class of smaller cars, including the Honda Fit. Its the size of Civic about ten years ago. No data on reliability.

Reply to
rick++

They are trying to prevent 'gray market' sales. Meaning buying a car in an area where its cheaper due to market conditions and then taking it to another market where the price is inflated.

A couple years ago when the US exchange on canadian dollars was ridiculous, this practice was rampant, especially on trucks. A $20000CAD truck in Canada was $20000USD in the US. At 1.4 exchange, it meant you could turn an $8000 profit just by driving it down.

Car companies prevent this by making it difficult to do on newer vehicles by not honoring the warranty unless you can prove you are moving to the specified market.

Traveller wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

We're also in the market for a new 2006 Civic LX 4d AT (no extra options) in the Boston area. After negotiating, our best quote is $16,300 (includes $550 destination charge) + $198 doc fee + $86 new plates + 5% tax ($17,404 total out the door). We've found at least 2 places that will do this. We're going with the dealership that also gives 5 free oil changes, free unlimited car washes, free loaner car, free towing within 20 mile radius and free shuttle service. It definitely pays to ask if there are service advantages to buying at a particular dealership. Most other dealerships are charging sticker.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Gtr

Reply to
learnfpga

We bought a new 2006 Accord LX automatic for $16,888 (includes destination) instead because we thought it was a better value. In fact, the same dealership wanted $17,800 for a new 2006 Civic LX AT, but we had a price of $16,300 elsewhere (includes destination). The Accord was a good deal, no? Laws of supply and demand...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
eva070

Wow, I'd say you got an excellent deal! I thought I had a great deal on my '05 Accord LX - MANUAL last year for $16945. You scored an excellent deal. How did you manage that?

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Can you tell me which part of the country you are in? I am astonished that you got a $16,300 quote for a Civic LX AT...and that includes DEST? Is this for a 4-door Automatic?

I visited three dealerships in NY today to price the 2006 Civic LX 4Dr Sedan, and none would budge below $17,800 base+DEST. Every dealer had only one 4Dr Sedan on the lot, and they made it clear they would not negotiate more than $250 below MSRP because of the high demand.

Is this just the NY market, or have you mastered some kind of Jedi negotiating technique?

Every lot we visited had TONS of Accords, and the dealers made it clear they were willing to discount these heavily.

Reply to
Ixkorr Oxkarr

We are in the Boston area and we got these prices on the following:

new 2006 Honda Civic LX AT 4 door automatic (just to be redundant) $16,300 (incl destination)

  • 5% tax
  • 3 doc fee and that's it!

We worked hard to negotiate that price! We have it in writing thanks to email. Price good through July for us. Dealership also gives 5 free oil changes, free unlimited car washes, free towing w/in 20 mi, free loaner with any new car purchase.

new 2006 Honda Accord LX 4 door automatic, 4 cylinders $16,888 (incl destination)

  • 5% tax
  • 3 doc fee and that's it!

Different dealership. Price good through today if they have any left. They had a sale and advertised this price in the newspaper, even specifiying 4d automatic LX. So we didn't even negotiate at all. Of course they weren't going down and other dealers wouldn't touch the price b/c it was priced below invoice. If the Civic were similarly priced, it would cost just under $14k, which never would happen in this market. Accord price good through today. We bought the Accord yesterday with the thought that our family will grow in the next few years. Plus, 5 year cost of ownership vs. Civic is not significantly different according to Edmunds (even considering fuel cost). And the Accord has more features, such as keyless trunk and many compartments, and seems to drive better. No perks (oil changes, etc.) from this dealer.

Kelly is doing a nice Civic duty.

Glad it's over and either way, we couldn't lose.

Ixkorr Oxkarr wrote:

Reply to
eva070

You've got some excellent quotes. The Accord, because of the MSRP and the Civic because it's still a hot car.

Enjoy your new ride!

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Congrats Eva on securing a good deal....

Here is what happened to me which made me start this whole post.... I went to Honda cars of Boston and they quoted me 16,500 including destination on the net. I bargained and they decided to add spash gaurds (mud gaurds) also for 16,500. I gave 500 downpayment and they promised delivery in a week. I went there after a week and the manager says he knew all along that he would not be able to deliver the car on time....he just wanted to keep my money that day.........

Here is what I think happened and might have happened to Eva also if she would have decided to buy Civic instead of Accord. They use internet prices to lure customers and then if you bargain hard then they will promise you the vehicle but never deliver it. You have two choices take your money back as written on paper or keep bugging them for a month and hope to get a delivery of the car.....

For the guy in NY I think this price is pretty pervasive.....overall.....for this model of Civic....

Thanks for reading......

Reply to
learnfpga