Problem changing timing belt on 89 Civic

I tried to change the timing belt on my 89 Civic, I get as far as the crankshaft flywheel/pulley but the nut that secured it to the crankshaft is so tight that no matter what we did, me and my friend
can't get it to loosen, does anyone have any idea how to do this?
Is it one of those bolts that has a reverse thread? I did not try that for fear of tighten it even further. Also the space to stick a ratchet in is VERY narrow, what could be a better tool to use?
Any idea will be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance!
:)

See my reply in rec.autos.makers.honda. Learn how to properly cross-post.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Not a left-handed thread, but ungodly tight. You will need a bunch more than a ratchet can provide to break that bad boy loose. TeGGeR covers it well on http://tegger.com/hondafaq/cranktool/index.html
As he says, renting the manliest (sorry, Elle) electric impact wrench you can find is money well spent. You don't even need to come up with a way of holding the pulley in that case, and even a good strap wrench will hold the pulley while you retorque it. I last broke one loose with a 500 ft-lb impact with the regulator right at the tool. *Wear eye protection, and don't even think of using a shiny (non-impact) socket.* It properly torques to about 1/4 that torque... dunno exactly what it is on the Civic.
Be sure to review the following subjects on the website about aligning the belt before you take the belt off.
Mike
newbie wrote:

You can either use an impact gun, buy the correct pulley holding tool from a retailer such as eToolcart.com http://tinyurl.com/63tq2 , or build your own pulley holding tool as I did for my '88 Civic which I describe in this post http://tinyurl.com/2x432 . Note that in order for my ascii art diagram to make sense, you'll need to view it using a nonproportional monospaced font such as Courier. You could also just copy and paste it into Notepad some other text editor.
Thank you all, your comments have been EXTREMELY helpful and very much appreciated!