Problem changing timing belt on 89 Civic

I tried to change the timing belt on my 89 Civic, I get as far as the crankshaft flywheel/pulley but the nut that secured it to the crankshaft is so tight that no matter what we did, me and my friend can't get it to loosen, does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Is it one of those bolts that has a reverse thread? I did not try that for fear of tighten it even further. Also the space to stick a ratchet in is VERY narrow, what could be a better tool to use?

Any idea will be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

:)

Reply to
newbie