problem with handsfree on new Accord

As I understand it, most people don't use their cell phones for voice conversations anymore, so the prospects for better voice access may be bleak.

Reply to
Paul Miner

For smartphones it's hard to make a readable screen that fits nicely in your hand and pocket both. For regular cell phones size still matters. Those old brick phones used to fit nicely in my hand but not so much in my pocket...

And if driving while chatting ain't enough, some devices will now read your texts (including acronyms) to you.

Reply to
AaronL

Well it's OT to get into in great depth here, but anything that starts by holding a video screen to your ear, is pretty bent.

But even some little stuff, like button size and placement, and on my dumb phone messages that don't pop up at just the wrong time, would be a good start.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

Elmo P. Shagnasty

That link's good. And those new big screen phones are not far removed from that. I still like the smaller 3.5" screen phone I have and hope they keep at least some of the new phones in that size. I used to carry my Palm Pilot and mp3 player around. Now that's all in one small package that surfs the internet and makes calls too. IMO that's progress even if I do have to hold the screen up to my ear... 8-O

Reply to
AaronL

thanks. I made that myself. Thought of it pretty damned quickly after the iPad became popular.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Samsung's going to release a smaller form factor of their Galaxy S3.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Reply to
hachiroku