Any input on any of these issues would be appreciated.
Ron wrote:

------------------------
You'll have to sign in to SEARCH at www.hondasuv.com
No need to post, the answers are already there.
Problems are greatly overblown.
'Curly'
motsco_ wrote:

Curly - thanks for the link. I see another recent Honda dealer publication talking about replacing the rear main seals on new engines with the leaks. It looks as if the leaks develop within a 100 miles or so of delivery. You are saying the problem is overblown. Do you mean that these leaking seals are rarely encountered ? I don't mean to be obsessing about this, but I'm preparing to retire and want to buy a vehicle that will last me a long time. Somehow the vision of a mechanic yanking out a brand new motor from my new $25,000 CRV to replace a rear main seal makes me shudder.
Ron wrote:

It's not like there's a million of them. One supplier sells a few hundred bad seals to Honda. Honda makes it good by replacing the seals, but a few hundred people have to leave their baby at the shop for a day or two. That's what warranty is all about.
The internet makes the problem seem more prevalent.
'Curly'
Ron wrote:

Ignorance (on the part of the vehicle owner and dealer techs) of a new system always makes a simple indicator "ON" seem like a big problem. It isn't, once the system is understood.
-- Tp,
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...
TomP wrote:

I guess it's time for the owner (and dealers) to learn what the word 'COLD' means, in regard to 'cold' tire pressure.
Read page 3 of this recent Service News bulletin.
http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/a060200.PDF
'Curly'