Proper way to remove MES connector?

We're trying to solve our 97 Accord SRS light problem. This group supplied the steps to follow and we've located the MES connector . Since the connector is in such and awkward spot, we're having a tough time removing it
from the socket without fear of damaging the connector. What is the correct way to remove that particular connector?
Thanks, Barry