protectionist b.s.

Page 4 of 7
On 02/04/10 23:29, Jim Yanik wrote:

While not a religious person, I say a little prayer daily that they don't use Windows. :)

yeah,"blue screen of death" takes on a whole new meaning. Or "a fatal error occurred...". Aw S#!t :-(
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You're aware that Ford accounts for 28% of SUA incidents?
What are they doing about that?
--
Tegger

Who told you that, your Toyota dealer ;)

The Wall Street Journal.
Now answer the question, smiley.
--
Tegger

You expect us to believe you read the Journal? ;)

Hey Mike. You might want to watch this video on runaway Ford Exploeres. This seems to be a problem in UK and Australia.
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
GTqKn_ihc
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIuFXy2Zi2g&feature=related

I like the part where they try to blame it on floor mats.

only braked and that the car was trying to accelerate.
--
Clive

Perhaps IF the driver in dumb enough to NOT take their right foot of the accelerator. But then again that could happen since they are continuing to drive their cars, that are know to have an uncontrolled acceleration problem that has let to 5.4 million of them to being recalled around the world.
writes

mind constitute "uncontrollable acceleration"?
--
Clive

As, of today, in case anyone is counting, the number is 34, and growing almost daily.
I don't take satisfaction in posting this, as I don't want to appear to be gloating over the deaths of humans.
However, the number of deaths, along with the number of accidents due to stuck accelerators on Toyotas apperar to have been kept hidden for several years.
The truth is just now coming out.
And it ain't pretty.

That does not mean that Toyota does not have problems with sticking accelerators.
Fact#1
Toyota is selling products in which sometimes, the accelerator sticks open, creating a safety hazard.
Fact:#2
There are some people who will try to take advantage of the situation for monetary gain.
Fact# 3
Fact number 2 does not mean Fact number 1 does not exist.
On 02/04/2010 08:56 PM, jr92 wrote:

all 12? and both [as in TWO] fatal crash vehicles were operated by drivers apparently incapable of using brakes, ignition switch and neutral transmission that would have prevented anything other than inconvenience of having to pull over to the side of the road.
frod sell /more/ - MANY more vehicles with faulty throttles. wtf is the outrage over that? same with bmw.

yeah - our elected "representatives" that are accepting the detroit [translation: foreign importer] dollar ahead of domestically [toyota] produced vehicles.

oh, #2 exists all right.

As do # 1 and #3.
On 02/06/2010 10:46 PM, jr92 wrote:

what about the hundreds of frods and bmw's with throttle problems? why is the whitehouse not announcing investigations into those given that they outnumber toyota "problems" >100:1?

What about Ford? They account for 28% of SUA incidents. How come nobody's up in arms about that?

Twelve confirmed stuck-pedal incidents in 2.3 million vehicles. That's 0.00052%.
And of the five deaths so far, at least four had nothing to do with the CTS pedal assembly.

Like the labor unions. They stand to gain mightily from this, in addition to getting revenge against Toyota for shutting down NUMMI.

No, but "Fact #1" seems to be heavily overblown just now...
--
Tegger

I would redirect your attention to the overblown Explorer fiasco. Seems like there were quite a few up in arms about that. Could it possibly be that of the 28% of SUA incidents you attribute to Ford that only a miniscule part were mechanical failures? Just asking. What I have noticed is this - there is a certain fraction of the population (any population) that is overjoyed to see one of the "Big Dogs" get whipped. I would bet that there was a similar reaction to Ford's problems, to GM's misfortunes, and if Ferrari or Rolls-Royce suffered a similar disaster, there would be a collection of "experts" that would be delighted and would go out of their way to denigrate the marque.....I guess its just human nature to rejoice when the high and mighty are fallen. DaveD
On 02/05/2010 11:30 PM, Dave D wrote:

overblown??? not only did frod do their classic "it's cheaper to pay settlements to the families of the bereaved than do a recall" math, they knew that vehicle to be fatally flawed before they even brought it to market. and to top even that sociopathy, they spent hundreds of millions pitching the ridiculous concept that cabin collapse and subsequent crushing of occupants was caused by tire failure!!!
no dude, the exploder fiasco was very much underblown. hundreds died and frod execs should be in jail - it was nothing less than manslaughter. political complicity covered frod's ass, just as it's trying to fuck toyota's now.

Dare we say Class Action Lawsuit? Everyone affected will get $2500 off their next new Toyota purchase, and the lawyer firm will get millions.....