Purchase of Accord

Guys,

I'm in the process of buying a 2004 Accord EX V6 6-speed manual. The gentleman selling it says it has these 'additions':

-Neuspeed Springs

-Koni adjustable Shocks

-Greddy Evo2 Exhaust

-AEM Cold Air Intake

I will also be getting the original parts, which are all (reportedly) in working condition.

I am having the vehicle professionally inspected, to be assured that everything is in working order.

Is there any reason I should replace any of these altered parts with the original equipment right away, presuming that the car passes the inspection?

Thanks.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

Sounds like he built it up to autocross it -- or run it hard.

Reply to
tww1491

I think I would be a little afraid that car was driven hard & put away wet.....

Reply to
Justbob30

With those mods, I'd think the owner fancies himself a NASCAR or Indy driver. I'd walk away from that deal and go find one that was owned/driven by a blue-haired lady....

Reply to
Piso Mojado

And be ready to replace the clutch...

Waitaminute, did Honda sell such a thing, or did he put in the tranny, too? No nitro?

J.

Reply to
JXStern

On 3/22/2008 8:45 PM JXStern spake these words of knowledge:

No, he didn't put in the tranny. The V-6 manual tranny is a 6-speed. If you got the 4-cylinder with a manual transmission, it was a 5-speed. Another thing that was different is that this version of the car, the coupe, got 17-inch wheels. If you got everything else the same but got the sedan, you got 16-inch wheels.

Thanks for the replies. If I do buy the car, I'll at least go in with my eyes open.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen