Q. Properly lifting a 2005 Accord off the ground

I need to know how to go about lifting a 2005 Accord 4 cyl off the ground to suspend the wheels and check the brakes in my driveway. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of "meat" under the car to
support a jack.
Add pictures here
âś–
harley snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com (Hrundi V. Bakshi) wrote in

What kind of jack?
If the one that came with the car, jack it up at the jacking points. Those are the reinforced areas of the rocker panel flanges just inboard of the front and rear wheels.
If you're using a small hydraulic lever jack, place it under the suspension control arms close to the wheels, making certain it's well seated.
If you're using a large garage-type hydraulic lever jack, raise the car by the front crossmember or the rear tow hook.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
TeGGeR® wrote:

     the rear tow hook.
    Tie down eye (rear). Some of these cars make a long ocean voyage from builder to seller. bob
Add pictures here
âś–

Tom-ay-to, tom-ah-to. "Tow hook" is a term I hear a lot.
My factory shop manual actually refers to it as the "jack lift platform", so officially, we're both wrong. :)