Query for group.

A question for all you experts on the group!
Is it possible to convert a 1990 Prelude 2 litre twin carb to fuel injection?
If it is or you know a site that gives details I would be very grateful.
Cheers
Keith

I do not know the answer, but I am going to take a wild guess that if it is possible, the cheapest route would be an engine/transmission swap. Electronics would also need to be swapped out.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher
Keith wrote:

Wow, I didn't think Honda was still putting carbs in cars in '90, let alone into Preludes.
In any case, it should certainly be possible, although I doubt a complete engine/tranny swap would be necessary or even cheapest, as Elliot suggests, unless the FI version uses a direct-injection system. At the very least you'd need the electronics and intake system (air intake, throttle body, etc.), and possibly the intake manifold.
I can't point you to any Prelude-specific info, but I believe a few folks at www.3geez.com have done a carb-to-FI swap on 3rd-gen ('86-'89) Accords, which are a close cousin to the Prelude. Could probably start there.
Thanks for the help guys. It will probably be cheaper to upgrade to a newer lude, with the VTEC engine. Its a shame because I just love the shape of the 3rd gen, after that they got very "samey" looking as the other jap coupes of the period.
Cheers
Keith
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote:

If you look around, you can probably find a wrecked car with the necessary parts intact for relatively cheap. If you can do the work yourself, it really shouldn't cost that much.
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote in

Check out www.hasport.com,they make swap kits,parts and have a lot of info on their site.
Hondata will have the electronics you need for the newer engine.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik