Question on the V6

I recently had the 120K service done on my 1999 Accord EX V6 automatic. On the invoice my friendly Honda dealer charged me 35.00 for a cap and rotor. I have now been told by another mechanic that this V6 does not have a cap and rotor.
Did I get rooked by the Honda dealer or did I get bad advice from the other mechanic ?
Thanks.
-- Paul
they do have the cap and rotor, its connected to the spark wires and is a circular piece for the cap and when you open the cap you'll see the rotor.
if u got ignition wires u got rotor as well, if u dont have it then u got owned, check it urself :)
<DIV><FONT size=2>I recently had the 120K service done on my 1999 Accord EX V6 automatic.&nbsp; On the invoice my friendly Honda dealer charged me 35.00 for a cap and rotor.&nbsp; I have now been told by another mechanic that this V6 does not have a cap and rotor.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Did I get rooked by the Honda dealer or did I get bad advice from the other mechanic ?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2><BR>-- <BR>Paul </FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
www.slhonda.com 's fine parts site (with drawings) confirms the 99 Accord V6 has a cap and roter. They go for about $25 + $6 shipping. Your dealer was fair.
Your mechanic friend may have been thinking of newer Accords, which in fact do not all use the conventional cap and rotor but instead have what are called "distributorless ignition systems" (among other things).
if u got ignition wires u got rotor as well, if u dont have it then u got owned, check it urself :)
I recently had the 120K service done on my 1999 Accord EX V6 automatic. On the invoice my friendly Honda dealer charged me 35.00 for a cap and rotor. I have now been told by another mechanic that this V6 does not have a cap and rotor.
Did I get rooked by the Honda dealer or did I get bad advice from the other mechanic ?
Thank you for this information. I think they were both right because the mechanic friend was talking about a 2000 Accord while the other car was a 99. Maybe that's when they made the switch.
Thanks again.
--
Paul