Question re first 3 month service

i think that has more to do with domestic oil formulations being somewhat inferior to european ones - and the underestimation thereof. and the problem of getting your oil changed at monkeylube. at least if you specify synthetic and it's not used, there's recourse. if you specified castrol [for instance] /nobody/ would pay attention.

Reply to
jim beam

Yup... A huge overhead valve straight eight!

You could see the gas gauge go down as so did the gas pedal...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Where did you copy the maintenance info from? Please.

Reply to
A.Nonimus

I have a 1950 Roadmaster right now!

Reply to
CAYOBLUES

Four door? Black?? Maybe it's the same one...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

,

really??? I thought DSG is only found on certain VWs and even those are far in between. Are you referring to the DSG clone in the upcoming evo? That car hasn't even been released to reviewers let alone the driving public yet. Would you please be specific which technological marvels you are referring to? found in which cars, specifically? we're not marketing here and don't like things to me left to imagination

Reply to
isquat

"Slushboxes" were non-geared trannies. The venerable Dynaflow - the tranny that gave rise to the term - was a fluid coupled torque converter with a manual granny underdrive

thus "slushbox" to denote the coupling didn't involve gears. If you know of things today that uses such an arrangement, please enlighten me. Even manual trannies are lubricated, so having liquid in the gearbox isn't the issue. Almost anything built in the last decade uses a lockup torque converter so fluid coupling isn't normally going on there - the torque converter is mostly a clutch.

Then there was Renault's powdered iron magnetic clutch on the electrically shifted manual tranny to make it fully automatic, back in the '60s... as dry as any manual tranny :-)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I believe that Studebaker was the pioneer with regards to lock up converters with the Automatic Drive introduced in 1950.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

i think you would've made one helluva flesh eating lawyer, or at least some kind of a politician, did anyone tell you that before?

Reply to
isquat

I am a Service Advisor in a Honda dealership..We advise on the newer vehicles to watch your oil life...at 15% you should call for a Service appointment.This is by American Honda Standards.There are two schedules for maintence for Honda Vehicles one for the older and one for the newer vehicles..if you dont put a lot of miles on a new vehicle an oil change should be done in at least 6 months..The older 3 months or 3,000 miles...We don't want to make any extra money off of you , we make our money off of people who DON'T take care of their cars.

Reply to
Marcia M

Sorry... engineer, not lawyer. I do get wound up in pointless discussions, though :-}

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Heh... Engineers often can be held in contempt too!

Don'tcha think that them thar' guys that design things, (and the process guys that follow), where you hafta take apart half the car to replace an alternator whould be tied spread eagled across a Texas fire ant mound maybe?

JT

(A retired process engineer (mfg) who tried to minimize product service issues)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

The little wrench in my Odyssey lit up the other day, when the oil life indicator turned to 15%, so you're right on, Marcia! Time for the oil change, I guess.....

Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58