Questions re: K series engines

Honda has been mounting the 4 cylinder engines and transmisions in most of the vehicles they have made the same way for dozens of years. What are the primary reasons Honda engineers mounted the K-series engines in vehicles in a radically different way? Some examples: Placement of air filter housing; anti-lock brake system unit; fuse boxes; alternator, etc.

Thanks in advance, Jason

Reply to
Jason

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Jason) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pm4-broad-46.snlo.dialup.fix.net:

There was a great article on the K motors in an issue of Honda Tuning Magazine about a year ago.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim, Thanks. I will visit their website to see if they have the article. I don't believe they have old or new issues at the local library. Jason

Reply to
Jason