Radar Detector Recomendation

Page 2 of 7

I'm sure they don't get your drift.....
They must be real fun to work around. I've encountered a couple of them at work.They made work harder to do. "oh,you can't do that....." ____ I just did,and the customer is satisfied and happy,and is going to give us more of his business. and when I didn't do some "don't do" things,the customers were unhappy,and business dropped.They went elsewhere.
the key is having the common sense to know when it's possible to deviate from procedure without harm.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Say What? wrote:

Not quite. In PA, you cannot be convicted for go less than 10 mph over the limit in 55 mph or slower zone, and 5 mph over the limit in a faster than 55 mph zone.
jeff

Not exactly.
Prima Facie Speed Limits:
Numerical speed limits (statutory and posted) that, if exceeded, justify enforcement action. However, if the accused motorist's actions can be proven to be safe, reasonable and prudent for the prevailing conditions, the charge of speeding shall be dismissed by the court of jurisdiction.
Polfus

There is no such law on the books here. Exceeding the posted limit is against the law, no exceptions.

But as pointed out, there is such a law elsewhere.
What does that say about you, Brian?
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

There is no such law in the US.
Jeff

Nor in Canada.
Brian Smith wrote:

but there is - it was cited earlier. you guys are apparently not too familiar with reading legal stuff. either that or you're clutching at straws because you don't like the facts.

Let me clear this up for you, Jim. There is no such law in this part of Canada. What you do in your little portion of Yankeetown is of no consequence to the rest of the world.
Brian Smith wrote:

good job you live there!

What does it say about you, that you didn't know that there are no such laws here?

The discussion wasn't about the laws where you were. You said flat-out that there were no such laws, period. Now all of the sudden you've changed what you say to "no such laws here"?
Which is it?
You lost this one. Best to remain quiet about it.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Why don't you show us that there is such a law in the US that makes it illegal to go less than the prevailing speed even if that is over the posted speed limit?
jeff

If it's law to follow the posted signs, then will you shut up when I show you a posted highway sign that says "Slower Traffic Keep Right"?
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

:)

Why don't you show him that there is a law in the US that makes it illegal to go less than the prevailing speed even if that is over the posted speed limit?
Answer: You can not.
Polfus

It is the law in this state: slower traffic keep right.
The concept does not address the actual speeds in question. It simply says, slower traffic keep right.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Yeap, that means that if you're going 100 mph over the limit, and there is faster traffic, you have to move to the right lane.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

The law in question was a law that said that you had to go at the prevailing speed limit, even if it is faster than the posted signs.
Of course, you have to stay on the right if you are not passing.
Jeff

Reworded: Driving at the prevailing speed of traffic is safe.
This premise is abundantly supported by readily available evidence.

Do you know Latin?
Lex mala, lex nulla.
Just because a bunch of guys got together and wrote some stuff down on a piece of paper does not mean they knew what they were doing.
Are you a Weberian? Or a Prussian? You must be either, or both.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ