Radar Detector Recomendation

Like I already said...., how do you know she got a ticket? You don't. OK, she got pulled over. That doesn't mean she got a ticket. She may have gotten a verbal warning. You absolutely do not *KNOW* that she got a ticket. Being stopped does not always result in a ticket being written. You didn't know that?

Well, that's "one". I asked for a "few" of the "many". Let me ask you this: If such a thing was done, how long do you think it would take the mechanically-inclined to learn how to get around it?

Try again, junior.

Reply to
Dan C

why do you get so offended dan? people share their real life experiences, yet you just rage against it. why?

Reply to
jim beam

Lee Florack wrote in news:47afb14c$0$30685$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

I can see,after cars get mandatory speed limit sign interrogators(that read the programmed SL from the sign,tied into the cars electronics),some hacker spoofing the SL signal and slowing everybody down to 10 mph on the expressway at rush hour,and having a lot of yuks over it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

LOL. Yeah. OK, so you can't debate the issue using factual information, and when asked to answer relevant questions, you write the above.

Got it. I'd say the "dysfunction" is yours, and I've wasted enough time with you. Go play in traffic (pun intended).

Reply to
Dan C

Well, that right there says a lot about your character.

You're as clueless as the other moron.

Reply to
Dan C

But the Blinder system works well against LIDAR! I rode with a buddy who has a radar detector and a Blinder system installed in his vehicle and the Blinder went nuts while his radar/laser detector didn't even show that he was being clocked by a motorcycle cop.

Reply to
DJ NoMore

I see you ignored everything else I wrote.

Junior? I'm pretty sure you'd be surprised.

Anyway, you didn't ask if I'd like it (I don't). You didn't ask if it's work for everybody (it won't). What we have now (cops enforcing arbitrary speed limits when they feel like it) doesn't slow people down either. When the vast majority of drivers -- who are otherwise law-abiding citizens -- routinely exceed the posted limits there's something wrong with the existing laws and their method of enforcement.

Reply to
Lee Florack

Aren't you just a pleasant guy?

Reply to
Lee Florack

Lee Florack wrote in news:47b0f3f6$0$6158$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Lee,I advise using the killfile.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Dan's one of those highly consistent guys... He's consistently disliked in every group that he bothers...

Reply to
Joe

///snipped///

At the very real risk of enraging "potty mouth Dan", I would ask. "How do you know she wasn't ticketed?"...You don't. You weren't there either. Ergo, The OPs story is no less valid than your criticism thereof... FWIW - there are several stretches of road in Alaska, southeast out of Anchorage along Turnagin Arm, where it is illegal to have more than five (5) vehicles backed up behind you. Regardless of your speed, you might be cited for "impeding the flow of traffic"... As with any traffic law or regulation, the enforcement depends a great deal upon the given situation at the time and whether or not the officer got any the night before.....Which brings me to another point about driving too slowly. California Traffic Code states that you may be ticketed for impeding the normal flow of traffic.

This has been done already with some commercial vehicles. Many OTR buses and trucks are equipped with "rev limiters" which de facto limit your speed. However, these limiters have caused some problems and are going out of general use. They have been replaced by GPS systems which let the company dispatcher know at what speed the vehicle is travelling. Of course, most of you here already know that.

Last item - Does everyone remember why the nationwide speed limit of 55mph was put into effect? Not for safety but rather it was an energy conservation strategy. ///snipped///

Reply to
Dave and Trudy

This is sort of correct but no need for a radar detector. I was taught in driver education that:

1) You go at the speed that everyone else is going no matter what the speed limit is, or you are the road hazard. 2) If people are passing you on the right means that you're in the wrong lane.

This is simply common sense and curtesy. People going 80 when everyone else is going 70 are going to cause problems, as are people going 55. What you refer to as cops being arbitrary is mostly them using commmon sense and hauling over the folks causing problems that can be fatal.

Reply to
dgk

it's not the rev limiter that restricts speed - /all/ diesels have rev limiters, [so do all fuel injected cars], it's whether there's an actual speed limiter. i believe, as you say, that there are some vehicles that are restricted like articulated buses, but i don't know what that speed is. fuel injected hondas have speed limiters, but that limit is much higher than legal.

Reply to
jim beam

"Dave and Trudy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.acsalaska.net:

The National Maximum Speed Limit,or NMSL; it had the Unintended Consequences of making the highways more unsafe and destroying lane discipline. it really brought out the MFFY in drivers.

Also,it's a fine example of how speed limits are not set for safe travel,but often for other,political reasons.

either way,ticketed or warning,getting pulled over by a patrol car and lectured by the officer is not enjoyable. ;-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Amen. That's one of the few bits of common sense I've seen in this thread. Your point number one, by the way, is also what I was taught in driver education.

Reply to
E Meyer

"E Meyer" wrote in news:KAjsj.1566$r03.737@trnddc08:

OR,you keep to the rightmost lane. KRETP/STKR.

In every US state,the leftmost lane is not for cruising,it's for passing.

LANE DISCIPLINE,folks. it works on the Autobahn.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Works? Hell, it's the LAW.

If you fail lane discipline on the Autobahn and are caught doing so, your punishment makes dealing crack down on Main Street look like nothing.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

JUst buy which ever one you want and can afford. A radar detector will not save you! The cop, when he's running radar on you, switches it on when your about

100 yards from him, he gets your speed at that instant. Speeding then, you better just except the ticket.

Remember :- When you go fishing, do you catch all the fish? Applies to Cops running Radar as well:)

Reply to
Bryan

Bryan wrote in news:6ZWsj.2317$th.1580@trnddc05:

If you use it properly,yes it will. Not ALWAYS,but usually.

if you close to within 100 yards of a cop and are still speeding(detector or not),you DESERVE a ticket.

the only detector I will recommend is the Valentine V-1. I still have my Escort and Uniden detectors,in a box in the closet. they both paid for themselves in ticket avoidances,BTW.

Reply to
Jim Yanik