Radio Code

Hi All,

I have 1999 Accord, Toronto, Canada. The battery was disconnected, (starter change), now my radio needs activation code This car is second hand, I don't have the original code, Honda dealer want .......$80 Can!!!!!!!!. Please help Roman.

Reply to
RC

---------------------

Call the dealer where it was serviced at regularly. It's 99% going to be in their computer, since smart dealerships keep it on file. It's also printed on a white 'credit card' that should be tucked inside your owner's manual, or it might be on a white sticker inside the glove box, or one of the fuse boxes, or written inside the owner's manual. It's FIVE digits long.

Please tell us you have an owner's manual . . .

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

Actually, you can save a "little" bit by pulling the radio yourself. I almost had to do this once in my 2000 Accord because I lost my radio code. I called the local Honda dealer (from whom I purchased the Accord) and they said $120 to give me the code for the radio because that included the labor to pull the radio, look up the code (has something to do with the code on the radio and vehicle vin) and re-install the radio. I then asked, what if I pulled the radio myself? The service manager said he would give me the code for free if I went through all the hassle of pulling the radio myself.

I ended up purchasing an Alpine 9827 from Crutchfield and couldn't have been happier with my decision! I love being able to load a CDRW up with MP3s for my long road trips!

Chris B

Reply to
Ron Jeremy

As is the case with me and my '00 Accord. Actually, they gave me a card, but I kept it in my wallet and over time the numbers rubbed off completely.

It's said that if you can get the serial number off the radio, you can use that to get the code from any Honda dealer. But you have to pull the radio out of the dash to get the serial number off it.

Paul

: > Call the dealer where it was serviced at regularly. It's 99% going to be : > in their computer, since smart dealerships keep it on file. It's also : > printed on a white 'credit card' that should be tucked inside your owner's : > manual, or it might be on a white sticker inside the glove box, or one of : > the fuse boxes, or written inside the owner's manual. It's FIVE digits : > long. : >

: > Please tell us you have an owner's manual . . . : >

: > 'Curly' : >

: :

Reply to
Paul

if you pull the center panel under the radio, you can read the serial number with a mirror and flashlight, just have to read backwards! Chip

Reply to
chip