radio code

my battery died on me so I had to change it, so now my radio is asking for I code. So I called the dealership were I bought the car and they said they
can't give me the code. Since my car came without a manuel they told me to call a honda dealer, but they're charging to give me the code. What is the most they should charge to get the code
It takes then a few minutes to look it up. Do you do business with them otherwise? They should give it to you for free if you are a customer. If you are not a customer, they can charge you what ever then want ;-)
They will need the Serial Number off the radio. This is sometimes on a label in the glove box.
Good luck!

Hondas come new with a card that has the radio code and a couple of stickers with the code. Look under the ash tray, or the lid of the fuse box (the under-hood box as well), or any where a sticker might be hidden.
Snoopie wrote:

Mentioning what kind of car might be a great help . . .
Have you used the 'search' feature to see the many previous posts on this topic? You need to get a manual.
'Curly'

They'll probably charge an hour labor. If you work with them, they might charge the half hour rate if they have one.