Radio light is on

Hi I was driving and the CD player was playing and all the sudden stopped. Now the radio light is on, the clock is not moving, the small red light in the left hand is on.. i can not press any buttons. I am afraid this will make the battery die soon. How can i fix that and any idea why that happend? thanks alot

Reply to
esara123

Do you think it might be helful t mention the make, model and year of car-- along with what model of radio??

Reply to
Error Code

Please repeat the question on Psychic Tuesday (I could tell you which one that is, but that would be cheating) and maybe some tea leaf reader could help you.

Glad to hear your clock isn't running. It can be a real pain chasing those damn things.

BTW, is the television still working? Was there anyone home with the CD and radio when this happened? Could somebody have messed with the remote control?

Reply to
Say What?

no it is not a troll.. i am not good with cars.. it is honda civic

2001 (canada version). where can i find the fuse for radio? i was thinking of that and the manual is not telling me where is it? thanks a lot
Reply to
esara123

Hi, Manual should show the fuse box map with marker. Or open up the fuse box and you will one marked with radio or such most likely. One wild guess, a button or switch may be stuck on the radio. Good luck.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

thanks i see in the manual that.. it says it is under the steering. is that the one.. there is another box under the hood? but i think it is the interior one right

Reply to
esara123

interior one is the winner. Is it possible that the security code needs to be re-entered?

Reply to
bigjcw1023

Hi, Righto!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

READ the manual. Both of the fuse panels have different fuses and the MANUAL, which you should READ will tell you which one contains the one you need to pull.

However, if this is too difficult for you to comprehend (and I mean you no disrespect) then you would be well advised to either get some help from a knowledgeable person who can actually put "hands on" and assist you or READ and UNDERSTAND the instructions regarding any security system incorporated in the radio system for that year of Civic. The reason for this is removing the fuse will lock up the radio if it's equipped with security and if you don't have the code, you'll turn the radio into a brick by removing the power and wind up at the dealer anyway.

I don't have one of that age so I don't know what, if any, security system is in place.

Reply to
Say What?

The light is a small LED. It won't drain the battery, unless the car is not started for a year.

Did you read your owner's manual?

It would also be helpful to have your make, model, year and type of radio.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff