Radio Malfunction: Help!

I own a 1999 Civic EX with about 123K miles. About six months ago the alternator conked out; I went to Mechanic #1, who replaced it with a second. When the replacement turned out to be defective, he replaced
it with a third. When that one turned out to be defective too, I went to Mechanic #2, who installed a fourth. The car still didn't start, so he gave me a jump, and also replaced the master fuse, which he noticed had burnt out. Upon leaving the garage, I found that the clock and radio no longer worked. Although the alternator has held steady to this day, it cost me over $600 to have the burnt-out clock/ radio replaced by Mechanic #3. Mechanic #2 claims he is not liable; I don't see anyone else who could have caused the failure. Who's right? Thanks very much, in advance.
pegorin,
It is just not possible to assess blame with this information. Radios fail. It it best not to replace them with original equipment radios because these radios cost way to much and perform poorly when compared to after market equipment. I replaced the radio in my 98 CRV with a Sony model that plays mp3s. I am very happy with this radio and it cost $200 installed. '
I understand why you would feel frustrated and angry about this. I just don't think it is possible to really find the guilty party here.
Michael
pegorin wrote:

replace the radio fuse, its under the hood on your car.
Michael wrote:

loewent via CarKB.com wrote:

Keep in mind there are TWO fuses that run the radio in most Hondas.
'Curly'