Radio Maulfunction

92 Honda Accord. Turning on the radio from the knob doesn't light any lights or make anything else work. Turning it off, or hitting the eject button won't eject the cassette adapter that I use for XM & MP3 players. Hitting the FM button won't turn on the radio.

It acts like it's not getting electricity but the antenna motor is on the same fuse and *it* works. And the "clean" light was on until I reset it.

I read another post on this group that mentioned another fuse under the hood. Is there one? Where? Any possibility that this fuse, if blown, could make the the radio/cassette/etc. not work/light up while allowing the "clean" light and antenna to work?

TIA,

-Scott

Reply to
SMcK

There should be a fuse under the hood, also marked Radio, probably 7 amps.

Reply to
Hachiroku

fuse, if blown,

I found the fuse and pulled it. It looks fine. After reinserting it I had to enter the securiy code on the radio because I had killed power to it. It's obviously getting sufficient power to show the "code" display on the LED display and accept the security code. It still wont eject the cassette adapter, nor register that the cassette is inserted by showing the "tape" LED display. I've tried jiggling, pushing the cassette adapter to no avail.

Any ideas?

Reply to
SMcK

Um, JVC CD players are on sale at BestBuy?

Or, do you have one of those radios that the climate control is integrated into...? Sounds like something in the unit itself is not functioning and the only way to get a clue is to pull the radio and open it up. Could be a lot of things, from a switch to a major malfunction, or just perhaps that the tape loaded improperly.

Reply to
Hachiroku