Re: '07 Civic Si - Throttle reflash?

>> Does anyone have any idea when they are going to have the reflash out

>> that they have been promising for the last year that fixes the >> horrible fly-by-wire programming??? It's always "1-2 weeks away" at >> the three local dealers. All acknowledge the problem, but yet no one >> seems to have ever figured out when it will legitimately be available. >> >> The wife is not interested in putting in aftermarket ECU's or >> piggyback ECU's.  The car is stock and will remain that way as this is >> her car.   We just want the friggen throttle fixed! > >Why not call Honda directly? Must be a number in your owner's >manual...... > >What is the problem with the throttle?

We have called and they simply refer us to our local dealer. I have a sneaking suspicion that they have no interest whatsoever in fixing this. How they can get it so right on the S2000 but so wrong on the Civic Si is beyond me.

The problem with the throttle is that it will literally hang for up to

1.5 seconds after you let off. We have been told by 3 dealers that this is to help when running hard in the 2nd cam, and if that's the case, why does it do it as little as 2,500rpm? This, alongside GM's skip shift, is probably the easiest way to make a competent driver look like a total novice as it will screw up the shifting most every time.

When you let off the gas, you expect the engine to slow down as it does on every other vehicle. That makes it easier to rev-match, etc. Another problem we ran into is in parking lots. If you idle up then back off you expect the car to slow down. It doesn't..at least not for about a second or so after you release the throttle. Essentially, a very bad programming job on their fly-by-wire throttle. If there was a reasonable conversion to bring it back to a wired throttle we'd jump on it as that is the one thing about the car we dislike. Well, that and it's FWD...

Reply to
adventuremyk