Re: 1992 honda accord EX problam

D4 light flashes and transmission shifts from 1 to 4. I have to stop car and turn engine off to clear, Sometimes I try to restart car and it does not start I have to wait for approx. 10 mins before it starts. (sometimes it does not work). I have recently change transmission fluid and this still happen. It does not matter if the engine is hot or cold. Mileage is 20014. Please help!!!! I am desperate. Is this transmission or electrical problem?

Reply to
Butch#1

Believe it or not a bad ignition switch or a bad main relay can cause the TCU to go crazy. I've tried it, these models are notorious for this. Better get your main relay fixed or replaced.

Reply to
Burt S.

I concur. Happened to mine. Replaced Main relay. All clear now.

You have only 20014 miles on that car? Are you selling it?

Reply to
Andy M - Tampa Bay

turn engine off to clear, Sometimes I try to restart car and it does not start I have to wait for approx. 10 mins before it starts. (sometimes it does not work). I have recently change transmission fluid and this still happen. It does not matter if the engine is hot or cold. Mileage is 20014. Please help!!!! I am desperate. Is this transmission or electrical problem?

If the car won't start while you're waiting to get your main relay resoldered, just turn the key to position II. Smack the left side of the dash with your fist and you'll hear the fuel pump run for three seconds. Car will now start. Easier than waiting ten minutes for the inside of the car to cool down.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'