Re: 1998 Honda Accord problem starting but eventually starts

to recap, car continuously turns over but doesn't start. Had the shop look at it, they said it was the distributor (entire unit, not just the cap). They put
a re-man'd one in at the cost of $450 just for the part (not including labor). Went to pick up the car later that evening and it didn't start!! $600 later the car is still at the shop and not starting. But they said the distributor was definitely bad but now still might need plugs and wires. Am I being taken??!! Could the plugs/wires and Distributor all go bad at once? Please help...
--
phb3

phb3 wrote:

it, they said it was the distributor (entire unit, not just the cap). They put a re-man'd one in at the cost of $450 just for the part (not including labor). Went to pick up the car later that evening and it didn't start!! $600 later the car is still at the shop and not starting. But they said the distributor was definitely bad but now still might need plugs and wires. Am I being taken??!! Could the plugs/wires and Distributor all go bad at once? Please help...

The engine is flooding when it sits overnight because the pressurized fuel rail is draining into the engine. The Owner's Manual tells you how to start it in a 'flooded' condition. READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL LIKE I KEEP TELLING YOU.
Are you reading these responses? There's nothing wrong with the car that a can of Techron injector won't fix. Next thing they'll be trying to sell you all new injectors.
Just hold the pedal to the floor, crank the engine, and it will sputter, blow black smoke, and start.
'Curly'