Re: 1998 Honda Accord problem starting but eventually starts

Sorry, I have been reading the responses but I don't have the owners manual, when I bought the car it didn't have it. I do hold the pedal to the floor to
try and start it but sometimes it won't start for 30+ seconds. One of the times I had to turn over the engine for almost 2 minutes before it started. The shop insists it was the distributor, so when it didn't start after installing the new remanufactured distributor, they said it was probably a bad distributor that they got in and that they were going to replace it again. This is a Goodyear service center and should be reputable, I would think?! Since I've already paid for the distributor but haven't taken the car from the lot yet, how do I tell them that I don't believe their diagnosis and get my money back? Thanks for the input and I will definitely try the techron if/when I get the car back. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again -Pete-
--
phb3

phb3 wrote:

Hell, no!!!
No franchise-type outlet like Goodyear, Midas, etc. is reputable.
phb3 wrote:

when I bought the car it didn't have it. I do hold the pedal to the floor to try and start it but sometimes it won't start for 30+ seconds. One of the times I had to turn over the engine for almost 2 minutes before it started. The shop insists it was the distributor, so when it didn't start after installing the new remanufactured distributor, they said it was probably a bad distributor that they got in and that they were going to replace it again. This is a Goodyear service center and should be reputable, I would think?! Since I've already paid for the distributor but haven't taken the car from the lot yet, how do I tell them that I don't believe their diagnosis and get my money back? Thanks for the input and I will definitely try the techron if/when I get the car back. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again -Pete-

I just assumed you were dealing with a Honda shop. You should order a manual from a honda dealer.
'Curly'