Re: 2001 Accord EX - Cruise Control has failed

With my head by the pedals, how will I know what wires lead to the steering wheel cruise control controls? I just want to make sure everything is tight and to ensure electrical connectivity.
After that I guess I'll have to hire a pro to troubleshoot the circuits.

Probably the only two electrical connections that you will find easy to examine are at the brake and clutch pedals, assuming you have a manual tranny. The brake pedal has a switch that operates both the brake lights and cuts off the cruise control. The clutch pedal's lower switch cuts off the cruise control, too. There is actually a fair chance that the problem is simply at one of these two switches. But to check them, we are back to your needing a multimeter.
To help locate the switches, see http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2001&catcgry3=4DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=PEDAL&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&systemcomp=Chassis&prdrefno=&quantity=0&act=&count=0&hidSwitch=Switch&hidIrno=%7C031%7C005%7C003
You can try to look at the wire connections at the cruise controller, too, item 1 at: http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2001&catcgry3=4DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=CONTROL+UNIT+%28CABIN%29&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&systemcomp=Electrical%2FExhaust%2FHeater%2FFuel&prdrefno=&quantity=0&act=&count=0&hidSwitch=&hidIrno =
But unless someone has been poking around down there, it's more likely one of the CC switches (brake, clutch, steering wheel, main) failed. I would not expect the actuator (located in the engine compartment) to be very likely to fail.