Re: 2003 Pilot sometimes makes a tired, winding, whining noise... timing belt?

I would be checking the transmission, listening for what happens at different shift points.

I see the Pilot only comes in automatic. Right?

"DC" wrote

The Pilot has about 55k miles on it, and sometimes makes > this tired, > winding, whining noise when starting up or idleing. I > want to say its > a belt of some sort, but I've had the belts recplaced, but > this didn't > help. I did not have the timing belt repleced though, > could this be > the timing belt? I've pinpointed the noise to some belt > directly (if > you're facing the engine) left of the engine. > > It doesn't make the noise all the time and hasn't made the > noise the > few times I've been into the shop with it. I thought it > had to do > with the cold weather, but its warm out now, and it still > makes the > noise. The noise will start when I turn on the car and > will > progressively get louder and whinier as I accelerate, but > seems to > subside at higher rpms. The noise get louder when I turn > the steering > wheel. > > I'd describe it as a consistent "tired" kind of sound. If > I had to > spell it, it would "waaaaaa" sound that gets louder as I > press the gas > down. > > Any help? This is very annoying! And the more annoying > thing about > it is that all the times I've taken it in to the dealer, > it didn't act > up and the mechanics could not find anything wrong even > when I > pointed out where I thought the noise was coming from. > > Thanks, > d
Reply to
Elle