Re: 2006 Civic Si octane reqirements

if the manual in my car calls for 87 octane to be used. then i would use a quality chevron with techron or shell , or sunoco quality brands. of gasoline
there is no need to be using a very high octane in a low octane car thats designed to run on 87 octane its a waiste of money.! and in using it your overheating the catalytic coverter there by shortening its life if you feel that you need to bump up the octane for what ever reason ? use no more than an 89 midgrade thats more than enough for your engine
--
johnin

n 87 octane its a waiste of money.! and in using it your overheating the catalytic coverter there by shortening its life if you feel that you need to bump up the octane for what ever reason ? use no more than an 89 midgrade thats more than enough for your engin
The 06 Si has the K20Z3 powerplant which brings classic Honda I4 performance to the table. With 11:1 compression ratio and 8k redline, the manual calls for premium and should be given so.

need
midgrade
performance
calls
Unfortunately, there seems to be an idea here that regular is just fine. I am sure his manual specifies premium.