Re: 2008 minivans: Honda Odyssey vs Toyota Sienna

Page 5 of 5

Yes that is trip mileage, with a steady foot and at speed limit. No 80 mph for me. The Sienna AWD gets quite a bit less mileage, but you have a heavier vehicle plus 4 wheels driving. I have the 2WD model, it's been a great vehicle, perhaps the best I've owned yet. One more note, I don't use the built in MPG gauge, I just use the old arithmetic version, and at least three checks then average. I'm also very careful at the pump when topping off the tank.

Consumer Reports says Sienna gets 19 in mixed driving just like my Odyssey. Unfortunately I drive mostly around town in it and not on highway so it averages Odyssey averages 17. Meanwhile my wife gets easily 34 in Camry hybrid, city or highway, just as EPA figures indicated.

My Sienna gets 25-28 on a trip. It may be hard for people to believe, but not for me as I own and drive one and have checked it on more than one trip. That is the way it is.