Re: 45K "Suggested Maintenance" from my dealer

Thanks again for the help. I asked my dealer today specifically what the 45K maintenance covered, and of note (to my ears) it included:
1. new brake fluid
2. checking the CV boot
...along with the normal stuff (cking belts, oil change, etc., etc.)
What are your thoughts re: items #1 and #2 above??
Thanks - Ben
--
bechard

Is the brake fluid dark? If not, don't worry about it. At the next oil change, look at (or ask if you can look at) the CV boots. Torn open? Fix them, Cracks starting; Watch them But at 45K I wouldn't worry to much.

IMO both of these services make sense at 45k. Checking the CV boots is a very quick thing when the car is up on the lift. Flusing the brake fluid is a slightly longer process, but is well worth doing once every two years.
John