Re: 91 Civic AC Wiring

I'm trying to figure out why the AC compressor on a 91 Civic isn't

> engaging. There's plenty of freon and the compressor kicks on if I > apply 12V directly. I've followed a diagnostic chart from an Alldata > disc, and it appears the ECU isn't activating the relay. I'm dubious > however that the ECU is the problem. > > I don't have the shop manual or wiring diagram, and the Alldata disc > makes no mention of the AC switch on the dashboard. How do I test if > the dash switch is telling the ECU to turn on the compressor? The blue > light turns on when the switch is depressed. I know the kids were > messing around in that area recently to install an aux wire onto the > back of the aftermarket stereo. > > Can anyone describe how that part of the system works, and perhaps a > pin on the ECU to check for 12V or ground with dash switch on/off?? > > -RC

There should be a pressure switch close to your receiver/dryer that signals the ecu to power the compressor. If you don't have enough gas in the system, the ecu will not engage the compressor.

You have a leak in the system. Have it tested.

Reply to
Iowna Uass