Re: 91 Civic AC Wiring

On 1/27/10 5:36 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

If, as you say "the kids were messing around in that area recently to install an aux wire...", the first thing to do is check ALL the fuses under the dash and under the hood to see which one they blew. Then pull the radio and trace all the wires that were messed with and see where they tapped into the wrong one. You will need a wiring diagram for this. You should be able to find the service manual/wiring diagrams on line somewhere. Start with www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
If you have Alldata, all the necessary wiring diagrams are there, along with ground locations and trouble trees. It's also helpful if you have some experience in this kind of troubleshooting.

First, a response to earlier messages-
1) I repeat, there's plenty of freon. I hooked up my gauges and pressures are normal. That's the first thing I did. Compressor was replaced by me about 1 year ago with a unit from Arizona Air, along with receiver and expansion valve. Recharged with R12.
2) I checked the fuses. They're fine. The relay is getting 12V on both the hot wires. That's part of the Alldata troubleshooting. It isn't seeing ground from the ECU.
Back to the Alldata discs. I bought these back when the car was nearly brand new (early 90s). I've dug around and can not find comprehensive wiring diagrams on the disc.
I'll check again.
-RC
Followup. I found the wiring diagrams on the Alldata discs. I have plenty of experience with this kind of thing. I'll try to report back what the problem is. :-)
-RC