Re: 91 Honda Accord Lx (Won't Start)

I put some cheap injector cleaner in it about a week before it quit running.Could some gunk have broken loose from fuel filter and gotten through line and plugged something up some where else? I am not a wizz in auto repair,so
this is just a thought.If I tap on the fuel filter it will start up but as soon as I shut it off it won't start again.
--
Susie67

Susie67 wrote:

running.Could some gunk have broken loose from fuel filter and gotten through line and plugged something up some where else? I am not a wizz in auto repair,so this is just a thought.If I tap on the fuel filter it will start up but as soon as I shut it off it won't start again.

Replace your fuel filter. Got a Chilton's or Haynes manual? Get one and do it properly.
Even though you can smell fuel, it doesn't mean that your engine is getting the right amount of fuel to start.
How many miles on your car? Have you ever changed the fuel filter in the past?
Also, check out the main relay possibility pointed out by Curly and Josh. Check Tegger's excellent site here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html
Marco