Re: 94 Honda Civic LX Sound at startup - ABS? Also, light issues, more...

[UPDATE]

The weekend after I wrote this, my car failed to start at all (it was cold) which was fixed by filling the gas tank with a couple bottles of Heat and letting the car sit for a few days to let the weather clear up a bit. After I started driving again, all of my original problems started to come back one at a time each day. I=92ve also been having an issue with the steering wheel that I forgot to include in my previous post. When I start the car in cold weather, it feels like the power steering has been disabled. Then after the car warms up, the problem goes away. Not really a big issue, but it seems that it would also do this when it wasn=92t that cold outside, so maybe not the weather, not sure. It just seemed to happen more often in cold weather.

The moan that I hear at startup now happens more often, just about every other day. This is something that has been going on for a couple years now, but seems to happen more frequently after making it through a winter season. Once again, it only does this the first time I start the car in the morning, and then won=92t happen again for a few days.

I=92ll get in the car, turn key, engine turns, engine starts, then a half a second later is when it will make the moan sound and will only last for about a second, then I start to drive and everything seems to be fine and drives like nothing is wrong.

I am 90% sure that the moan is the same sound that the brakes/ABS make when I slide on ice and definitely sounds like it comes from the same place. The days that I would slide on ice, the sound wouldn=92t happen in the mornings after. It seemed like each time I did slide, and heard the moan, it would reset the cycle and I wouldn=92t hear the noise a few days later.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting or possible causes are always appreciated.

Reply to
psonal393