Re: Accord AC problem

This is a 92 Accord. The blower works, just blows warm air. The heater also works just fine. When it is not working (most of the time) the compressor clutch does not kick on at all. The AC fan does not kick on but the radiator fan does. At least I think the passenger side is the radiator fan. Today it came on for about 2 minutes when I first started it but has not worked the rest of the day. Related or not, the radiator fan will run on and off for 10 minutes or so after the car is shut off. It didn't do that until I put a new radiator in this fall.

Thanks

> >>This is a follow up to an earlier post about AC not working. A few >>thought >>that it might have been normal, that it was shutting off to protect from >>freeze up. I know now that it is definitely not a normal situation. 2 >>days >>in a row the AC worked perfect. I drove it to work those 2 days and ran >>some errands at lunch time and after work. Worked perfect, Froze me out >>of >>the car! Yesterday morning it worked going to work. When I left for >>lunch >>it didn't work at all and drove it all the way back home and it never >>worked. Any ideas? > > Define "not working" - does the blower fan come on? Does the heater work? > Can you hear the A/C clutch cycling on and off? Have you checked your > radiator fan to see if it's running?
Reply to
Trail Shredder

I had the same problem (A/C not working) with my 93 Accord a while back and it was caused by a bad sensor (Low Freon pressure sensor?) Not sure what it was called but it's located close to the dryer in front of the radiator. Mine was reddish/brown I think with a grey connector on top.

Reply to
Ianegon007