Re: Accord cranks, no start

"N.E.Ohio Bob" wrote:

------------------------------------
In the meantime, so he won't get stranded, tell him to put the key in position II, and slam the driver's door or smack the dash on the left side of the steering wheel. The relay will activate long enough to prime the fuel system (he'll hear it run) and the engine will start when he turns the key to START. Vibration will keep the relay sparking until he shuts it off, or it may run perfect depending on the cabin temperature.
'Curly'

IMO this description of how the "smacking" temporarily solves the problem is superior to past ones. I think understanding the mechanism of this temporary solution helps folks having the main relay problem.
I'm sold, anyway, speaking as someone who values clear technical writing.