Re: Additives worth the price?

My friend is trying to convince me that using additives regularly are worth it because it can increase the life of the car. Is he right?

1) Oil additives 2) Clean Fuel Injector thing 3) "Gas Treatment" 4) Octane Booster

They are not very cheap if I should decide to use them on regular basis, are they areally worth it? heres my opinion on these products

-oil additives i like to call them snake oils not worth using and some can even do harm by sludging an engine! use a good quality mineral oil or synthetic oil and that will have all the additives you need in it.

-fuel Injector cleaner is ok to use to maintain clean fuel injectores. i use a bottle of STP fuel injector cleaner every 8-12 months

-Gas treatment you dont need it use a good quality fuel

-Octane Booster you dont need it unless your driving an old big block V8 with a very high compression engine.

Reply to
johnin