administrative fee

I was wondering if anybody knows what Honda dealers in Canada usually charge for administrative fee. I don't know if this fee is dependent on models or dealers, but it may be comparable to salesperson's commission.

Reply to
namsilat

There is no standard fee. It is an add-on money grab from dealers. In todays market, you'll probably be able to just tell them you won't pay it. It's one of those things that are easy to knock off if they really want to sell a car.

Reply to
Joe

Negotiate an "out the door price." This phrase is increasingly more common at dealers, maybe especially because internet sales and negotiating is cutting down on the bs that has long typified dealer haggling. "Out the door price" means you are not messing around, and neither are they. They will figure out how to deal with their admin etc. costs using the bottom line price that you accept.

Reply to
honda.lioness

Thus spake snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com :

This is exactly what we did. Of course, we had the advantage of holding a checkbook. I said "we will write a check for this amount" and handed him a piece of paper. He took off, came back in a few minutes with a form that came out to twenty-seven cents less. That was for a 2007 Camry. The 2008 Fit was a little tougher, but the only things on there were the car, taxes and registration fees and, hmm, nothing else. Dealer prep? They have a sign that says "we don't charge for ..." and lists all the BS charges.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron