Re: administrative fee

Negotiate an "out the door price." This phrase is increasingly more common at dealers, maybe especially because internet sales and negotiating is cutting down on the bs that has long typified dealer haggling. "Out the door price" means you are not messing around, and neither are they. They will figure out how to deal with their admin etc. costs using the bottom line price that you accept.
Thus spake snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com :

This is exactly what we did. Of course, we had the advantage of holding a checkbook. I said "we will write a check for this amount" and handed him a piece of paper. He took off, came back in a few minutes with a form that came out to twenty-seven cents less. That was for a 2007 Camry. The 2008 Fit was a little tougher, but the only things on there were the car, taxes and registration fees and, hmm, nothing else. Dealer prep? They have a sign that says "we don't charge for ..." and lists all the BS charges.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The RMS Titanic sank on April 15th. US income taxes