Re: AM radio reception in a 2006

Hi Pablo,
I have noticed more and more AM interference in the last couple of years. However, the radio in my 2006 CR-V has less of a problem with interference than
any other AM radio I have heard.
But, the coming thing is HD radio. I know, sounds absurd, but it is digital radio. Digital AM is supposed to be a BIG difference IF you have the special digital receiver. Otherwise, it sounds the same on your regular radio. Very expensive converters are now available that plug into the satelite adapter input on newer radios. The talk radio station here started broadcasting in digital last year, but it is not widespread yet. http://www.ibiquity.com / http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/hdradio.html
At night, regular AM is just about useless now.
Sorry, I probably did not answer your question.
Ray =====================================================================Subject: AM radio reception in a 2006 From: Pablo I just got a new 06' Civic and love it so far but have found that the AM radio reception is TERRIBLE TO NON EXSISTANT. Before you ask WTF are you doing listening to AM, lets say I like talk radio.
Are all yours the same or is mine screwed up???

It's not high definition radio. It's just digital radio.
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote

True, but the picture is supposed to be fabulous.
;-)

yeah.
Don't you just love marketingspeak?
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote

High Definition radio is a value added option designed to enhance your audio experience.
*gag*