Re: Aptera diesel-electric hybrid car gets 300 miles per gallon and will cost $29k.

BobG wrote:

> > >Actually looks pretty slippery. .25KWhr per mile perhaps? > > EV1A did wayyw better than that.. (~179Wh/mile) > >
> I suspect this design will be significantly more efficient. > > I.E. 3 instead of 4 wheels, reduced weight, my bet is that it > consumes less than 100 Wh per mile.

And on a 1 in 3 gradient uphill ?

Do you have to get out to push ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore
300 mpg that looks like the dandy lion car from ABCs Pushing Daisies ? no way. Id rather have half of the mpg but looks like a *real* car.
Reply to
EdV

The day that EV manufacturers design an EV that looks like and performs like a real car (and sells for a price that competes with a real car) is the day that they'll start doing serious business.

Until then we can all laugh loudly at their 'clown cars'.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Well this one will do up to 120 km/hour, is capable of doing 3,000 km without refuelling and should be able to bring your fried Plaice dinner, with pancake dessert back from the supermarket.

xnichols

Another clown car which would be flipped over like a pancake by a 5mph cross wind...

Reply to
Larry in AZ

One of my favorite concept car that is not so clown looking. " The Eco Speedster, with its surprisingly diminutive 1.3-liter ECOTECH CDTI, tops out at 155 mph and clocked an average fuel economy of 113 mpg over a 24-hour road test. A combination of low weight (660 kg/1,445 lbs), minimal drag, mid-engine design, and a 5-speed automatic transmission let the Eco Speedster rip and sip at the same time. "

The Eco Speedster appeared at the Paris Auto Show in 2002 and has been featured in the Discovery Channel's FutureCar series

EdV

Funky but still not a family car.

Graham

Reply to