Re: Bad battery life in 97 Accord

I purchased my 97 Accord EXR (2.2L VTEC) about 5 years ago with 80,000 KM on it. It now has 185,000 KM on it and the car has been great except for the fact
that I have had to replace 3 batteries and 2 altenators in that time. This doesn't seem normal to me. Does anyone know what could be prematurely killing my battery? I understand that a bad battery could very well reduce the life of the altenator so I believe I should probably concentrate on the battery. TIA. Sounds like you have a draine occuring somewhere. i would suggest having an A.V.R test performed. it stands for All-Voltage-Regulater test that will test your complete charging system from the alternater,battery, and find the drainage problem within 30minutes.