Re: Changing Timing Belt on Honda Civic !!!

I own a 1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan. I drove my car for 110k miles, 120k miles, 130k miles, etc. Many people told me that I should be thinking about getting the belts changed.
I finally decided to get all four belts (timing, alternator, compressor, power steering) and the water pump changed at 146,800. It costed $384 where I live in Michigan.
When I requested the parts back, I found that I could have gone longer. Considering they recommend 105k, I got a good run.
Perhaps these new belts can get me 150k miles.
In article

Great work. You must be an excellent driver. You made a great decision related to changing the belts. Even if they look great--due to their age--they could have broken at any time and the cost of repairing your vehicle would probably have been much greater than the $384 that you spent. I once found an old garden hose in the storage shed that was probably at least 5 years old. It appeared to me to be in great condition. However, it sprung several leaks the first time that I used it. "Looks" can be deceiving.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO