Re: Civic Del Sol Won't Start

If it won't start even after letting it sit awhile, my money is on the igniter (also known as the ignition module). Very common failure.
When's the last time the car had new plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, too? Were OEM parts used for these?
Tegger's site's starting/running problems section is an excellent place to start.
wrote

1 year ago we replaced the plugs and wires. Not OEM. We are going to work on it today after work. Fingers crossed. I want to avoid a mechanic at all costs. I have NEVER had a good exp. with taking any car to a mechanic. Thanks for the replies. Will update tomorrow.

From my experience with my 91 Civic, Tegger's site's counsel about using only using OEM for ignition parts is right on. The car will run best with OEM ignition parts and they will maximize the life of the other ignition parts.
Reports here are that non-OEM plugs most definitely can cause running problems. Amazing how changing out Bosch plugs in particular can bring a car to life.
I know it's more expensive. Believe me, I'm frugal. But the OEM ignition parts pay for themselves.