Re: Civic horsepower sucks

I just purchased my first Honda Civic (EX SE) and I must say that the quality is awesome. I enjoy my Civic much more than the Mini Cooper I sold.

Eric, > What a great statement you've made: a "well-built transportation appliance." > Over the last 22 years- I've had five Civics, and currently own a 2000 CX > hb. I have sold the others to family & friends, and all but the 1976 model > are still on the road humming away! I sold the '88 hb to my cousin, and it > has 350 000 miles on it! > For its designed purpose- the Civic is a near perfect, flawless vehicle. > -chris > > > snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote: > >> > >> Comparable subcompacts far outrank Civic when it comes to performance. > >> When is Honda getting its act together? Some of the competition Dodge > >> SRX, Saturn Red Line, Subaru have 200+ hp. > > > > The Civic is not a performance car. It is a well built fuel efficient > > transportation appliance. As such, it performs quite well actually. My > > '88 > > Civic with 232,000 miles still gets 38-40 mpg on the freeway. > > > > Eric > >
Reply to
YamaMoto

Proper mini, or a BMW shitbox?

Reply to