Re: Correct lube for window channel?

wrote:

I had a 93 Nissan Maxima for 5 or 6 years and in that time I replaced 3 window regulators. The regulator uses an electric motor which drives a wire rope pulley system which runs the window up and down. The regulators failed because the plastic pulleys, which the wire rope runs on, hardened over time and broke off. There's a good chance your same year Sentra has a similar problem but I don't know for sure. I used to order replacement regulators online at http://www.courtesyparts.com / good prices, fast service.
Al Moodie.

bound
Thank you, Al. Mine's manual, but yeah, something inside gave way and the cable is loose. I thought it was the cable itself, but since you mention it, it could be a failed pulley.
A failed *plastic* pulley at that (grrrr)