Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

> > I've been to dealers that had Fits on the lot. The next day, they were gone. > Maybe it really did sell.

I guess it doesn't really matter, does it? Bottom line is it's impossible to buy one or even look at one, so I might as well forget about it. For all practical purposes, the Fit doesn't even exist. I haven't even seen one on the road. It's so much easier and cheaper to just buy the Ford Focus.

Reply to
Spaz

buy one or even look

Fit doesn't even exist.

buy the Ford Focus.

Well then, have fun with your Ford dealership... don't let the hatch hit ya in the ass... bye now... take care...

Reply to
Matt Ion

I've seen some of them around here, and I don't mean sitting at the dealer.

It may be cheaper to buy. But depending on how long to plan to keep it, it will likely cost more to maintain.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

the ass... bye

WOW! Am I glad I couldn't find a Fit. The Focus has a more powerful engine and is $5,000 cheaper! Jeeze, the Fit is just an overpriced ripoff. BYE!

Reply to
Spaz

You found a Focus for $11K and it includes aluminum wheels, and auto transmission?

No shit?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Enjoy the Ford. Keep in mind the FIT will be in stock when you are fed up with that piece of s#$T. I'd say in about 6 months?

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

I thought Focus is only moderately bastardized Mazda 3. No? Probably built in Mexico though. As much as I dislike american cars I should say the only one I had (Taurus) was very cheap to own. No major problems. Unlike the japanese car that replaced it. So YMMV greatly. I think that the american vs japanese reliability issue is a BS. American cars are just about as reliable. Especially the very few ones that are a hoot to drive.

If the guy wants a Focus what's wrong with it? People still buy Lotus 7 circa mid 20th century in the Caterham disguise. Not that I'm implying that Focus is anything like Lotus fun-to-drive-wise :-D

Reply to
Body Roll

No, focus is a ford europe design, modified for the Us. Been out almost 10 years now, couldn't move for them at the UK motorshow98, both inside and out.

I've drievn caterhams (blasted round silverstone in a superlight r500) Its amazing to drive, light, nimble, afst, although not hugely powerfull. It is a great car.

Reply to
flobert

buy one or even look

Fit doesn't even exist.

buy the Ford Focus.

So, you'd rather buy a Focus that's easily available or try to find a FIT that both you and most likely many others (since they're selling well) actually want?

Reply to
Lee Florack

in the ass... bye

and is $5,000 cheaper!

The fact that the FIT is $5,000 more does not necessarily mean that the Focus is the better value. It may mean that the FIT is worth the difference.

Reply to
Lee Florack

Not from my experiences and the experiences of my family. Most of the North American cars we owned were crap, while our Japanese cars have been very reliable.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

You DON'T want to hear of my Taurus experience then as it's in the nightmare category...

How long have you been delusional?

Everyone should have their choice of poison...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

both you and most

They're not selling here. Dealers can't get them. Customers can't see them. They just don't exist.

Reply to
Spaz

If you only keep it for the length of the warranty, what's the difference?

Reply to
Alan

In that case, the difference is time lost and plans changed due to having to take the Focus back to the dealer for unforeseen repairs.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

that both you and most

Customers in general, or customers as in specifically you?

Reply to
flobert

in the ass... bye

and is $5,000 cheaper!

It is so important to have a more powerful engine in an economy car!

Reply to
Mike Doyle

that both you and most

They just don't

They do here on Earth.

Reply to
Mike Doyle

is the better value.

If you believe that then you should go buy one right now. After reading 100's of blogs from new Fit owners, there's no way I'm going to be stupid enough to buy a Fit, especially at the ripoff price they're asking for it right now. You just go right ahead. I hope you like paying for company hype. But of course, ignorance is bliss, right? ENJOY!!!

Reply to
Spaz

It gets the same gas mileage, so why not?

Reply to
Spaz