Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

Page 1 of 2

I guess it doesn't really matter, does it? Bottom line is it's impossible to buy one or even look at one, so I might as well forget about it. For all practical purposes, the Fit doesn't even exist. I haven't even seen one on the road. It's so much easier and cheaper to just buy the Ford Focus.
Spaz wrote:

Well then, have fun with your Ford dealership... don't let the hatch hit ya in the ass... bye now... take care...

WOW! Am I glad I couldn't find a Fit. The Focus has a more powerful engine and is $5,000 cheaper! Jeeze, the Fit is just an overpriced ripoff. BYE!

You found a Focus for $11K and it includes aluminum wheels, and auto transmission?
No shit?
Enjoy the Ford. Keep in mind the FIT will be in stock when you are fed up with that piece of s#$T. I'd say in about 6 months?
G-Man

Spaz wrote:

The fact that the FIT is $5,000 more does not necessarily mean that the Focus is the better value. It may mean that the FIT is worth the difference.

If you believe that then you should go buy one right now. After reading 100's of blogs from new Fit owners, there's no way I'm going to be stupid enough to buy a Fit, especially at the ripoff price they're asking for it right now. You just go right ahead. I hope you like paying for company hype. But of course, ignorance is bliss, right? ENJOY!!!
Spaz wrote:

I don't want a Fit. I have a new vehicle. You're the one looking for a car and one of your choices was a Fit. My point was that just because a vehicle costs more doesn't necessarily mean it's too expensive or not worth it.
Spaz wrote:

It is so important to have a more powerful engine in an economy car!

It gets the same gas mileage, so why not?
Spaz wrote:

I've seen some of them around here, and I don't mean sitting at the dealer.

It may be cheaper to buy. But depending on how long to plan to keep it, it will likely cost more to maintain.
High Tech Misfit wrote:

I thought Focus is only moderately bastardized Mazda 3. No? Probably built in Mexico though. As much as I dislike american cars I should say the only one I had (Taurus) was very cheap to own. No major problems. Unlike the japanese car that replaced it. So YMMV greatly. I think that the american vs japanese reliability issue is a BS. American cars are just about as reliable. Especially the very few ones that are a hoot to drive.
If the guy wants a Focus what's wrong with it? People still buy Lotus 7 circa mid 20th century in the Caterham disguise. Not that I'm implying that Focus is anything like Lotus fun-to-drive-wise :-D

No, focus is a ford europe design, modified for the Us. Been out almost 10 years now, couldn't move for them at the UK motorshow98, both inside and out.

I've drievn caterhams (blasted round silverstone in a superlight r500) Its amazing to drive, light, nimble, afst, although not hugely powerfull. It is a great car.

Too bad someone haven't though of slapping a roof and A/C on it and sell it in the US. I guess Elise is close. The Caterham kits are as expensive and if I wanted an open air car I'd get a cycle. What's the point of a car with no canopy and an A/C? It's a bike with 4 wheels then.

putting a roof on woul make it kinda hard to get in-out of. They're a bit low for doing it Duke-style.

Gota friend with a still mint condition, custom made elise, on a T-plate, i think, was custom made for some guy, he put about 500 miles on, didn't like it and sold it for 5000 (about $8000 back then). Course, I much prefer the exige, a lot more grip.

The point is they're designed to be track cars. They're a small development ont he lotus 7, which was a formula1 car. I did want a R500 but nowadays, I'm looking more towards the atom2.
Of course, I spent my fair share of time in iopen-air kit cars in all sorts of weather. friend had a Jago I used to help him with, took to all the shows around - he just sold it on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemF44088807&sspagename ME:B:AAQ:UK:1
mainly because he's got a metal bodied one now, based on a suzuki platform.I tell ya, that think was hell to be in above 40mph, let alone when it rained. If it wasn't illegal, we'd have worn crash helmets, so we could talk, look and breathe easily.
Body Roll wrote:

Not from my experiences and the experiences of my family. Most of the North American cars we owned were crap, while our Japanese cars have been very reliable.
Body Roll wrote:

You DON'T want to hear of my Taurus experience then as it's in the nightmare category...

How long have you been delusional?

Everyone should have their choice of poison...
JT
High Tech Misfit wrote:

If you only keep it for the length of the warranty, what's the difference?
Alan wrote:

In that case, the difference is time lost and plans changed due to having to take the Focus back to the dealer for unforeseen repairs.
Spaz wrote:

So, you'd rather buy a Focus that's easily available or try to find a FIT that both you and most likely many others (since they're selling well) actually want?